|Salisbury SP4 7DE
|KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5
|Please contact us with details of your requirements
|Administered by the provider
More about this Workshop/Service and the Provider
The world-famous Stonehenge has inspired people for millennia. Bring your school group and discover a fantastic range of cross-curricular options designed for every key stage.
Support your teaching in the classroom by stepping out of it. A visit to Stonehenge will help you bring learning to life, covering multiple topics across the curriculum and key stages.
- KS1 History: Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality
- KS1 Geography: Geographical skills and fieldwork
- KS2 History: A local history study. Changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- KS2 Geography: Geographical skills and fieldwork: use fieldwork to observe, measure, record and present human and physical features in the local area. Human geography: types of settlement and land use
- KS3 History: A local history study. A study of an aspect or theme in British history that consolidates and extends pupils’ chronological knowledge from before 1066
- KS3 Geography: Human geography: understand how human and physical processes interact to influence and change landscapes and environments
- KS4 History: OCR Specification B 2c. Introduction to history around us
- KS4-5 Business/Leisure and Tourism: Heritage Management
FREE SELF-LED VISITS
Studying late Neolithic hunter gatherers and Bronze Age religion? We challenge you to find a better site to help you cover the topic than the world famous Stonehenge. It’s a unique opportunity, whatever your area of study, for your class to explore the most outstanding prehistoric monument in the British Isles. Enjoy a free self-led visit and explore the site your way.
Download the Teachers' Kit below for information and activities to help you discover the story of Stonehenge, or use these resources available online:
- Education Film, by students from Wiltshire College
- Education Partners of Stonehenge
- Education Game: can your class successfully build Stonehenge?
EXPERT-LED SCHOOL VISITS
Let us help you inspire your students with our hands-on expert Discovery Visits, led by one of our experts and great value for up to 30 students.
- Stones and bones: Stonehenge in its landscape (KS1-3)
- Neolithic life at Stonehenge (KS2-3)
- Myths and legends with LEGO® Storystarter (KS2)
- The business of heritage and tourism (KS4-5)
PLAN YOUR VISIT
We have a wide range of materials to support your visit and make school trip planning easy. Download our free resources to help you make the most out of your visit and create unique learning experiences before, during and after your trip.
We also offer free planning visits for group leaders once you have made a booking. Our Education Booking Team is on hand to advise and help you create the best possible school trip to suit your needs and area of study.
"I found Stonehenge was a very enjoyable day. It made me think about Stonehenge even more".
Jack, Year 5 Student, Queen's Crescent Primary School
‘My class were enthralled and have been talking non-stop about their visit. I am glad we made the effort of sitting for 2 hours in the coach - it really was worth it!’
Availability & How to Book
We are ready to organise your special event for you and answer any queries you may have.
Please complete the enquiry form below and someone will get back to you.