|Location(s)||1 Chancet Wood Rise Greenhill Sheffield S8 7TT|
|Key Stages||EYFS, KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, KS5|
|Fees||Please contact us with details of your requirements|
|Administration Service||Administered by the provider|
More about this Workshop/Service and the Provider
Drumming and percussion are fantastic avenues for self-expression, building confidence and developing communication skills, at the same time as introducing children to cultures they are unlikely to have experienced. Bringing Unbeatable Energy into your school is about team building, excitement and a great sense of achievement.
We have unrivalled experience of working with schools as part of the national curriculum for children of all ages, and the impact on children, teachers and parents alike is incredible. We also provide exhilarating Boomwhacker workshops and staff training.
AFRICAN DRUMMING WORKSHOPS
These workshops are an exciting hands-on opportunity for children of all ages, backgrounds and abilities to experience the thrill and excitement of African hand drumming.
Everyone in a class will be given an authentic African drum to participate in an unforgettable group experience – an experience which provides an insight into the sounds, beats and energy of an African village and tribal life.
during the workshop we will
- teach simple multi-part rhythms
- show the children how to make different sounds on African djembe drums
- give them easy ways to feel and access the beat
- teach them how to listen and follow groups and teams
- create opportunities for them to express themselves through ‘drum rumbles’ and making their own improvised rhythms
- bring a whole range of additional hand percussion providing timbre and pitch to the sound of the drums
- incorporate songs and rhythm games that provide valuable lessons in communication and team work
as a result children will
- gain a creative lift which gives them a great boost of confidence
- feel engaged and included in a collective mood of group celebration
- gain an awareness of other musical cultures and traditions
- further develop key musical skills in line with National curriculum guidelines
Our team building workshops can be linked to support others areas in the school curriculum such as Science and Physical Education, and are often used as part of:
- arts weeks
- enrichment days
- Africa topics
- black history month
- cultural awareness days
Our team have a refreshing, vibrant and open style with plenty of experience working with children. Having visited West Africa on a number of occasions to study Gambian, Guinean and Senegalese rhythm and dance, we draw on these influences to make a session with Unbeatable Energy an unforgettable musical experience for everyone involved.
Availability & How to Book
We are ready to organise your special event for you and answer any queries you may have.
Please complete the enquiry form below and someone will get back to you.