|Location(s)||Wrexham & surrounding areas|
|Key Stages||KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4|
|Fees||Please contact us with details of your requirements|
|Administration Service||Administered by third-party Administrator|
More about this Workshop/Service and the Provider
We provide city tours of Chester, educational outreach and historical events across the U.K. We pride ourselves on our historical accuracy and strive to make our presentations factual, relevant, engaging, educational and fun for all ages.
Established in 1997, we have provided tours of Deva Victrix (Chester (Deva), Mamucium (Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester) and other historical venues in the U.K. for schools and other educational groups, tourist, clubs and societies, corporate clients and families.
Our award-winning service is also available for:
- Visits to schools throughout the U.K.
- Giving talks and lectures
- Meeting and greeting services for corporate clients and tourists
- Providing Roman characters for promotions and presentations anywhere in the U.K.
- Organising tailor-made events
We currently work with:
- The Grosvenor Museum Chester (Deva)
- Members of Favourite days out (Cheshire)
- City learning centres
- Marketing Cheshire, CH1 bid company, Chester Tourism and Economic Development
- Schools, colleges, tour companies, Private business, Families and overseas visitors
- Chester archaeology unit
- Various re-enactment societies
Roman Tours can bring life to the story of the Roman invasion of Britain and the legacy of an empire nearly 2000 years ago.
Dressed as the 1st Century Roman Soldier (other character roles available), we engage pupils through curriculum-relevant role play, character acting, questioning and activities, providing a unique and dynamic educational experience around the period of the Roman invasion and settlement of Britain. Our costumes and equipment, are exact copies of real artefacts and equipment found through archaeology investigation, to ensure our representation is as accurate as possible. We can specially tailor sessions for all schools and also cater for disabilities and special needs.
Our visits are always interactive
Dressing pupil in armour.
Marching and formation practice including the tortoise (testudo), We provide the shields you provide the missiles.
Full marching pack (impedimenta), which includes the soldier's rations, underwear, fire lighting kit, money, spare clothes, strigil, cooking pots, tools.
Various artefacts including domestic pottery, jewellery, oil lamps, magnifiers, glassware and grinding stones.
- Life of the soldier
- Impact on British culture
- Romano British society
- Military training and drill
- Towns, roads, trade and sanitation
- Life in the arena
Peace of Mind For You:
- All our Team hold Enhanced CRBs
- Everything is risk assessed
- We carry £5,000,000 Public Liability
- We follow all DfES guidelines for working in schools
- All presentations are keyed to the National Curriculum
- Everything we carry and wear is copied from an actual archaeological find
- We use character acting, questioning and role play to develop an understanding of the period
- We have worked with schools and museums for 16 years
Availability & How to Book
We are ready to organise your special event for you and answer any queries you may have.
Please complete the enquiry form below and someone will get back to you.