|Location(s)||Throughout the UK|
|Key Stages||KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4|
|Fees||Please contact us with details of your requirements|
|Administration Service||Administered by third-party Administrator|
More about this Workshop/Service and the Provider
In 2002 we decided to convert our passion and love for willow into something more and set up Redstone Willows, a family business based on the Cheshire/Staffordshire border. We started by growing our own willow and making baskets. Over the past 14 years we have worked on a number of exciting projects with hundreds of organisations including companies like Mulberry, Marstons Brewery and AstraZeneca, we have worked local authorities like Cheshire East and schools across the country.
We now grow over 140 varieties of willow at the Redstone Centre and continue to make baskets (although we now have a greater range), however we now deliver basketry courses, make willow sculptures, living willow structures and offer exciting bushcraft days at our stunning 18 acre site in Alsager.
Past Willow Workshops & Ideas
We’ve carried out a lot of willow workshops with schools over the last few years and they have been incredibly varied. You can get some ideas of what to do for your school from the list below:
- A Willow Football, made during the Football World Cup
- Grazing animals – Sheep and Deer
- Woodland animals to display around the school grounds with the youngest children making mini beasts
- A willow child and a dove made for a peace garden
- A willow tree with bird feeders for a school Eco Day. Younger children made leaves and bird feeders for the tree.
- A willow boat with younger children making smaller boats or fish. This was using “Take a story” for inspiration.
- A willow swan, which was a school’s school mascot.
- Willow trays with handles – from a Lighthouse keepers lunch
- A willow dragon (because the teacher wanted one – but could be St George themed for example)
- Book themes – we could make items from willow that feature in a book your classes are reading
To get more out of the workshops schools have in the past asked children to take part in the planning stage, write reports and letters regarding what they did during the workshop.
Availability & How to Book
We are ready to organise your special event for you and answer any queries you may have.
Please complete the enquiry form below and someone will get back to you.